Stationary Exercise Bikes | Buy Guide And Review
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level!
EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as a odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
Marcy ME-709 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike
Looking for an easy way to shed unwanted pounds and increase cardiovascular endurance without sacrificing precious floor space? The ME-709 magnetic recumbent exercise bike is the answer.
With the ME-709, you will benefit from similar type exercise features that are typically offered on larger and more expensive exercise bikes. This recumbent exercise bike was built with a compact design that conveniently fits into the smallest exercise spaces.
Shape, firm and tone your physique and increase your body’s cardiovascular endurance while burning calories and losing weight.
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
Your purchase includes One Sunny Health & Fitness 40lb Flywheel Belt Drive Pro Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike
Exercise Bike dimensions: 46.5” L x 18” W x 46” H. | Product Weight: 97 lbs. | Weight capacity: 275 lb. | Inseam: Min – 29 inches Max – 41 inches. | Handlebar to seat: Min – 17.5” Max – 22” | Seat Dimensions: 10” L x 6” W x 2.5” H
Levelers prevent wobbling and jerks while riding when you adjust the base levelers that will keep the bike stable on uneven surfaces.
The 40-pound chrome flywheel is designed to maintain momentum smoothly as you cycle on the cardio machine. Heavy flywheels support speed, stability, and consistency across your workout.
Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient tension knob. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey
Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient tension knob. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey.
SF-B901B Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
by Sunny Health & Fitness
The new standard in home fitness! Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901B Belt Drive Pro Indoor Cycling Bike offers all of the necessities for an amazing cycling workout along with everything at-home fitness enthusiasts could wish for. With a smoother and quieter operation than a chain-driven bike and total portability with transportation wheels for easy set-up and hide-away. Exercising in the comfort of your own home has never been so easy, convenient, or fun.
- Fully adjustable seat and adjustable handlebar.
- Micro adjustable resistance knob allows for various resistance levels with stop leveler.
- Transport wheels for easy portability, with 275 lbs user weight capacity.
- 40 lbs chrome flywheel delivers stability and riding momentum.
- Belt drive mechanism for smooth and quiet workouts.
- Adjustable Inseam Height Max. 41 in / Min. 29 in.
Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series
Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
Sync with free downloadable RideSocial App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real time
29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start. Plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC input; 1.5A output. 90-240V, 50-60Hz adapter included
25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options and Maximum user weight- 300 pounds
High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
DualTrack LCD displays, media shelf, in-console speakers with MP3 input port, USB media charging and adjustable fan
With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools like Explore the World, MyFitnessPal, and more.
PYHIGH Indoor Cycling Bike Belt Drive Stationary Bicycle Exercise Bikes
【Newly Updating Indoor Cycling Bike Advantage】SGS Certificated bike to assure every aspects in safety conditions. Special Designed Screw to avoid wobble. Equipped with a 35lbs bidirectional flywheel, Pyhigh Indoor stationary bike giving you a challenging exercise experience.TPI High Intensity Bearing, PK Anti-Loosing Grade Belt, Reinforced Pedals, Easy Moving, Phone Holder/ iPad Holder and Extended seat post,support up to 280lbs… Your are receiving the sturdiest low impact indoor exercise bike
【Benefits and Effect】Bike Exercise Burning calories in your body aiding in weight reduction.The continuous pedaling results in a stronger vascular system, heart and lung. It enhances quick circulation of blood throughout the body. Cycling exercise and tones the butt, legs, arms and core. Indoor bike workout provides super fitness level to people of all ages. What is more, Self-paced, power of team spirit and also reduce daily pressure. This cycle bike fits all your family.
【Quiet Indoor Cycle Bike & Resistance System】 Belt driven PK Anti-Loosing belt system provides a smoother and quieter ride than chain device. Smoothly workout with Phone/iPad placed at the holder on handlebar, starting your Cycling Journey right away with music or video. Simply turning red knob left or right to reduce/increase the resistance.Push the knob to stop the bike immediately.
【Adjustable Comfortable Wider Saddle & Non-Slip Handlebars】PYHIGH Excersize bike comes with an air permeability and heat dissipation which will bring you a more comfortable cycling experience in long time workout. 2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar with 4-ways seat adjustments meet your special height and Updating inseam: 25″-38.5″. LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer while you are cycling.
【What You Get & After-Sales Service】High quality exercise bike and 100% satisfied customer service. Responses will be received within 15 hours or less. Indoor exercise bike is with 12-month warranty. Choose us, choose quality with service.
Great Benefits of Indoor Cycling From PYHIGH Indoor Cycle Exercise Bikes
* Burn Calories Regardless of age, gender,lifestyle, Cycling is so dynamic and accommodating, you are burning calories all the time during your cycling.
* Ride Practically Anywhere With exercise program or your own goals, Start your own bike at home Now.
* Improve Your Cardio for Health-Cycling is an anaerobic exercise, pulling energy from reserves and increasing lung capacity, even reducing spiritual anxiety.
* Set your Own Pace-No matter you are new or expert, Feel free to adjust your resistance pace and find your comfort zone to make the experience your own.
* Build Lean Muscle Definition-Legs and Core muscles are the main muscles when you ride. These muscle groups will be fully trained and rebuilt.
* Start your indoor cycling journey today to take advantage of the long list of physical,mental and lifestyle benefits…
What Does Pyhigh Indoor Exercise Bike Give You?
1. The sturdiest bike with heavy-duty steel frame: 35lbs flywheel, Long-lasting TPI bearing, belt drive quiet system, extra fixing device to Avoid handlebar Wobble.
2. LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer while you are cycling
3. Adjustable Durable non-slip handlebar meets your every special. One bike fits all your family.
4. Simple installation needed-all tools and screws are included.Please follow the manual with clear every assembly steps.
5. 24 hours sale-service.
What are the best exercise bikes right now?
The best exercise bikes share some basic qualities. They should be well-made, durable and tough enough to withstand daily use. Our top overall choice is the Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor bike, which boasts a sturdy steel frame and 49-pound weighted flywheel. The leather band resistance system allows cyclers to make micro-adjustments in tension, so it can feel like you’re on a real road.
The best folding exercise bike is the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike, which can hold up to 300-pound riders but also can fold to half its assembled size. It’s a great option if you don’t have much space at home. So is the XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike, which is our choice for the best exercise bike under $200. Its footprint is as small as 18 x 18 inches but is strong enough to hold up to 225 pounds.
If you can splurge, the Peloton is a high-end exercise bike that is very popular for its integrated Wi-Fi enabled touchscreen tablet that streams live and on-demand classes. Those classes, and the instructors who lead them, are a major selling point of the Peloton as is the library of other streaming content (like scenic rides).
For a full-body workout, the Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike’s dual-action handlebars tone your arms while your lower body is cycling. For a lower-impact workout, the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is our recommendation for anyone who has back, hip or knee issues. The padded seat and back provide more support for your body, while lessening pressure on joints.
Tips Using a Stationary Exercise Bike
You will have many benefits when turning the pedals on a stationary bike. They are useful for persons suffering from PAD (Peripheral Artery Disease), heart problems, and sports enthusiasts.
An exercise bike is wonderful to have in your home when the weather is not favorable or you have safety issue concerns.
To have a more enjoyable experience, use these tips for burning up calories and working your heart muscle.
Credit: Roberto Kenny Alvarez, GIF artist
- Always read your User’s Manual and instructions for the minor assembly required.
- Always warm up gently for 5-minutes to get your muscles loosened and warm.
- Have a bottle of water with you since you will lose more water on an indoor bike than an outdoor two-wheel bike, unless it’s a hot humid day outdoors.
- Play music to keep from being bored and not staring at the clock. Some exercise bike brands have a place to put a book to read.
- Consider a narrower saddle since a wider saddle can put pressure on the tendons at the inside of the upper thighs.
- When you rack up many miles on a stationary bike, for added comfort wear padded cycling shorts or pants.
- Because exercise bikes mainly work the lower body, you might consider doing upper body exercises such as pull-ups and push-ups.
- Riding a bicycle outdoors will give you airflow while indoors you will need a fan for keeping cool. Open a window if you are near one and keep your water bottle handy. Some brands of bikes come with a bottle holder and other brands don’t.
- If you sweat enough to cover the floor with it, think about putting a pad under your bike. Keep a wet or dry towel near you for your body’s sweat.
- Be sure your bike is set up correctly for having a comfortable workout and that the parts are moving as designed to do.
- Stand up close to your bike then adjust the seat saddle to be almost in line with your hips if your bike is so equipped.
- Adjust the handlebars to be about level with the saddle. Lower handlebars will make you more aerodynamic and raising them above the saddle will have you more upright to be more comfortable.
- When you sit on the bike with your feet on the pedals with one pedal to the bottom of the stroke, your leg should have a 10- to 15-degree bend. A bit lower is better than too high.
- If your bike has clips or toe straps, tighten your feet in place snugly so that they are directly over the pedal spindle.
- Always lean forward from your hips rather than your low back that can cause lower lumbar pain.
- Don’t bounce up and down on your seat; always pedal smoothly. If your bike shows RPMs, aim for around 70 to 80. If you pedal too fast without enough resistance, you might bounce.
- Do active pedaling where you push the pedals forward/down then back/up. Never stomp on them. Use your ankles as well as your legs for pedaling.
Pain, Numb, or Feeling Sore
- Back Pain—make sure that your saddle is not higher than the handlebars and lean from your hips forward and not your lower back.
- Knee Pain—can occur if your saddle is too low or too high. Be sure your knees and toes are pointed the same way to align your knees.
- Hand Pain—is caused by too much weight and the handlebars are too low. Wear cycling gloves that are padded or padded handlebar tape. This will happen if the handlebars are too low putting too much pressure put on your hands.
- Neck Pain—is always due to handlebars being too long stretching out your neck muscles, so you need to lift your head higher. Raise the handlebars to be more level when looking forward.
- Numb Feet—is often caused by the saddle being too high, or the toe straps are too tight, shoes tied too tightly, or your shoes are too narrow or too small in length.
- Sore Buttocks—can be caused by the saddle being too high or you rock from side-to-side at the bottom of pedal strokes. The seat might be too wide and you might consider wearing shorts made for cycling, extra padding, seat covers, or getting a different saddle that can be put on almost all bikes.
At the end of the day, it’s all about what you can afford for having your indoor stationary exercise bike to meet your workout requirements and goals. Read customer reviews on Amazon because those buyers will let you know their honest opinion using the cycle they bought. Happy shopping!
What Muscles does a Stationary Bike Work?
The exercise bike offers a great cardio workout that is generally soft and smooth but it can also be very demanding, especially when the pedaling resistance is set at a very high level, and then have a significant effect on your calves and leg muscles, thighs and buttocks. In addition, cycling gives you well refined muscles since riding on a stationary bike involves a steady effort without jerks.
First and foremost, the exercise bike works out the most important of all muscles, namely your heart! Riding a stationary bike also has many health benefits, increases your endurance and stamina, and is an ideal sport to lose weight. The exercise bike can help you build muscle and target specific parts of your body, which is essential if you want to refine your body. The advantage with the stationary bike is that you can choose and modulate how much you want to work your muscles. The more you increase the pedaling resistance of your bike, the more you work your muscles and develop your muscle mass.
Besides the heart, the muscles targeted by the stationary bike are first the leg and thigh muscles as well as the buttocks (or glutes) and then the abdominals and back muscles.
You are not going to have beautiful thin legs or the perfect buttocks overnight without effort! For that, you need to workout regularly and be constant. You’ll see the results after a few weeks. Be patient and persistent and you will see the effect of the exercise bike on your body. If you want to track the evolution of your muscle mass, you can do it with a body fat scale.
In general, you should start seeing the first effects after a few weeks, about 4 to 6 weeks. Your legs, thighs and buttocks are more firm. And your workout should also feel easier and less demanding after 4 to 6 weeks than it was at the very beginning. After 6 weeks, continue working out at this pace and eventually increase the duration and intensity of your exercises, not too much though because doing too much could have a negative impact on your motivation.
After 2 to 3 months, you should clearly see that your legs, your thighs and your buttocks are much more muscular than when you started exercising. Your muscle mass has increased and your fat mass decreased so that your body shape has become more athletic.
It all depends on your goal: lose weight (and fat) and tone your muscles or gain muscle mass and volume?
1. To tone and strengthen your legs and thighs muscles and get strong buttocks, you can for instance do a HIIT training on your stationary bike 2 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes, alternating between high intensity phases and recovery phases. Increase the resistance of your bike during the high intensity phases in order to make your muscles work. You should alternate HIIT with cardio workouts of 45 to 60 minutes or more once or twice a week in order to burn fat (aerobic exercise). You will combine fat and weight loss during cardio workout with muscle growth during HIIT training.
2. To muscle your legs and thighs, you can focus almost exclusively on HIIT training with high increases in the pedaling resistance of the bike. For example, you can do 3 to 5 HIIT workouts per week for 20 to 30 minutes.
Here are two exercise bike training plans for gaining muscle and losing weight (N ° 1) and for a greater muscle growth (N ° 2):
Training Plan – N°1
• Combined Cardio & HIIT Workout on Monday (30 to 45 min)
• Cardio Workout at a medium intensity on Thursday (45 to 60 min)
• HIIT Training every Saturday (20-30 min)
Training Plan High Intensity N°2
• HIIT Workout on Monday and Wednesday (20 to 30 min)
• Cardio Workout on Thursday (30 to 60 min)
• HIIT Training on Saturday (30 to 45 min)
The exercise bike is the perfect sports to tone and strengthen legs, thighs and buttocks but also to work the arms, abs and back muscles. Always start your training session with a warm-up at moderate intensity for 5 to 10 minutes and gradually increase the resistance of your stationary bike. The higher the resistance, the more your muscles work. It takes (a little) time to get results, gain muscle and get rid of fat. Perseverance is the key to success 😉
- The quadriceps and the harmstrings, muscles of the front and the back of the thigh, are constantly working while you are pedaling.
- The gluteal muscles or glutes (large, medium and small buttocks), also called glutes, are also working out when you are pushing the pedals.
- The calf muscles, called triceps sural, located at the back of the leg.
The muscles of the lower limb (in red on the diagram) are mostly working while you are exercising on your stationary bike. The muscles of the upper limb are also working, though to a lesser extent than your legs, thighs, calves and buttocks.
The muscles in the upper part of the body
- The abdominal muscles or abs ensure the posture and the balance of the pelvis and the spine.
- The back muscles, the quadratus lumborum muscle and iliopsoas (in yellow on the diagram), also help to maintain your position and support the spine.
- The biceps and triceps, muscles from the front and back of the arms, allow you to hold the handlebars. The arm muscles (in green on the diagram) work more when you tighten the handlebars, especially when sprinting, or when you are riding out of the saddle with high resistance.
When you are pedaling out of the saddle with high resistance, you put more pressure on your arm muscles (biceps and triceps) and on the muscles of the lower back while your thigh muscles (quadriceps) and your buttocks work less because you are using the weight of your whole body to cycle and thus your legs have less effort to provide.
Make sure you have a good position on your exercise bike and you set the saddle at the right height in order to avoid any problem, tendinitis or muscle pain.